Saturday, February 11, 2006

Response to Jody!

The below was in response to a comment on the previous post...but as it indicates...I long to break this writers block. I'll take what ever I can get to qualify for a post these days. (Plus it was getting a little long for the "comments" section).

**********************************

Sorry Jody, I can't help it. I've always wanted to be the shallow, "I don't give a rip" guy...but it's just not in my DNA.

It's almost a bit of an "albatross"...if you've seen some past posts, I'm a little burnt out on politics...but have been going through a looooooong stretch of writers block. It's always easy to revert back to current events that stick in my craw.

Anyhooo...If you're ever bored (Bored...yeah, right. Doesn't a mother with 4 long to get "bored") check out some of my older archives. It use to flow easily with the occasional political rant...now it's the opposite.

When I was in Kentucky, I wrote a little on-line column (on my own website...so it wasn't like "Syndicated" or anything) called "The HillBilly Times". It was mainly updates on our adventures in Appalachia, with the occasional heavy pontification. It seemed to come rather easy then. It seemed like I had more time then...but I don't think that's necessarily true. Plus, you are the LAST person I would ever complain about "not having enough time" around. I was also a lot better with correspondence then, e-mails, etc.

I don't know what it is. It's like a kind of "funk" comes over me when I open a word processing window, or the Blog GUI.

Blank...blah. I got nothing.

The people that read my little on-line article and updates were telling me (like you), "You should write a book", "Man, you gotta lot of stuff here...ever think about publishing?"...etc.etc. I even had an english teacher tell me I was in the wrong business (meaning meteorology).

But after I was here about a year, "the wall" popped out of nowhere and remains to this day. I don't blame "here"...I LOVE "here". You know what? That might be it! I used to "write to escape". Now, I love where I am...and am really enjoying life. Maybe that's it...I don't want to escape. Maybe?

That would be weird though...Situational Happiness NOT being an inspiration? Who knows.

At any rate...I gotta go. We miss you guys too!
God Bless,
K~
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?