Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Latest

Captains Log:  Tuesday, February 21st, 12:39 AM.  (You a trekkie?).

Where: At Work.  Why: Only God knows.  Who:  Working with JB.  What: Current song on is Avril Lavine, "Complicated".

We're listening to the "Radical Crazy Super Mix" which is basically a disk of over 6 hours of MP3's I burnt off my PC at home.  It's really kinda funny...because you might go from an ear bleeding Audioslave tune, to "Annie's Song" by John Denver.  Oh, come on...don't laugh.  Sing along with me, "You fill up my senses...Like a night in the forest, Like the mountains in spring time, Like a walk in the rain"  (That's beautiful).

Case in point...Now playing: Zeppelin, "Going to California" live.

Anyhow...it's been a pretty busy week.  Tonight (Monday night) was curling.  We lost : (  We are tied for second with only 1 point separating 1st from 3rd places.  Yep...it's any body's league.  The top two teams from each night go to the play downs.  We need to do some winnin'.  At any rate, that is all mentioned to say that I came to work right from the curling club.  I'm exhausted and it's going to be a long night.  Pretty cool all the hub-bub surrounding curling with the Olympics going on.  I bet our membership will go up next year!

Now Playing:  Dave Mathews remake of "Long Black Veil" live.

Deb got another job!  Yep...cracking the whip on the ol' girl!  Actually, this is an opportunity we've been looking for.  Our very close friend in Ohio, Tim, handles the administration and support for a website, and he has added Deb on to help.  So she's working from home a couple hours here and there, when ever she wants!  How cool is that!?!?  Working in the PJ's!  Yeah, so that's pretty big...pretty cool.  Shoot...hold on, my nose is bleeding (how's that for real time blogging).  So all of this has forced us into the modern world of high speed internet.  I hate Charter, they're so expensive...but there's no way she'd have been able to make any money connecting at 53000 bps with dial up.

Now Playing:  Rainbow, "Stone Cold"...how long since you've hear that song.

Bethany and Sara are doing good.  Bethany spilled the beans on a secret tonight...she informed us that she was going to marry Deyaun.  (This is a boy in her school).  Of course she said that Deyaun was going to marry Desiree too.  I guess that's fine...she'll have someone to help clean...do the dishes, etc.  THAT of course was a JOKE...chill out people.  (Though her mom has told me we could do the whole polygamy thing if it meant getting help with the dishes and laundry).  Hey, the early Christians pooled all their resources, shared everything and lived together.  But I don't think that whole "sharing" thing included spouses.  Anyhow...all of this is extremely good news for Deb, because Deyaun's family is involved with one of the two Chinese restaurants in town, and Deb thinks that spells out free Beef with Broccoli.  Always looking for the angle, that one.

Now Playing:  Pat Benetar, "We Belong".

So my mids are over this Thursday morning, and I get a long weekend.  I'm curling in our international Bonspiel at the club.  Should be lot's of fun.  Several teams come from Canada, a couple from Detroit, a couple from Midland.  I think we have a chance of doing pretty good...I like the team I'm on.

For those thinking these are pretty short paragraphs to be written through a whole song, you must remember that I am also working...performing tasks in the office so interferes with my slacking.  "You see Bob, it's not that I'm lazy...it's that I just don't care."  (Peter Gibbons, "Office Space")

Now Playing:  No Doubt, "Hella Good"...Gwen's hot (though it should be said that I prefer the Tragic Kingdom stuff).  Hold on...gotta do some work...

OK People, so the frozen pizza is in the toaster oven...literally...that's not like a euphemism or anything.  It's almost time to eat lunch, so I'm going to call that good for tonight.  So all two if you have a great day, and we'll be talking to you soon!  I leave you at 2:02 AM...with a Hootie and the Blowfish's live version of "Let her Cry" complete with string accompaniment.

K~

P.S.  Now coming on...Foreigner, "I want to know what Love is"  (How sweet...maybe John will dance with me).


2:14 AM: Edited for some typos...Audioslave, "Light my Way" (Told ya')
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?