Monday, July 12, 2004

OH!!!

I just realized I never told y'all about the Par 3 Tourney at TreeTops. It was great. Too many darn people though. They need to sell about HALF the tickets that they currently sell. The problem is, unlike a PGA event where there's a bunch of golfers working through the course...here there's just 4 playing 9 hole Skins, so you got everybody and their Aunt Betty trying to follow the foursome each hole.

And let me tell you, some of these old ladies are just down right RUDE and obnoxious when they're trying to get a view of Phil Mickelson's buttocks. On day one, we stood in line for autographs, and I will never do that again as long as I live. The people (fans) down right disgusted me. Friggin' Vultures I tell you! And some of the things the parents told their kids to do to get autographs!?!? What a shame. Both me and my friend Scott were pissed.

I got to tell you though, that Phil Mickelson is something else. I'm sure he's a Christian, I'll tell you why in another forum if you wish, but we'll just leave it at that here so as to not make a 7 page post. OK, so I'll say this...I think he has the joy that only Christ can give. Well...it's either that or the $28 Million he's won in earnings since turning pro...not to mention his fat endorsements and his HOT wife. OK, so he's got A LOT to be happy about...but he could still be Christian!!!

I did end up with his and Lee Travino's autographs. It'll be something cool to hang on the wall in the Den. The tourney was cool. The format was cool. The course is something to behold! It was awesome being within arms reach of those four (Couples, Zoeller, Mickelson & Travino). I got it all burned onto disc, so if you want, we can check it out sometime. There are two distinct times you can hear me saying "YOU 'DA MAN!" Hehehe. You always wondered what caliber of idiot said those things....now you know!

The format is nice, because it is WAY laid back. The got all the guys wired with mics and they are constantly cutting up and giving each other crap. Particularly Fuzzy Zoeller. That guy is a classic. He alone was entertainment enough to justify the $50. Travino is quite the character as well. But it's nice just to see those guys out being guys, like us when we golf...(minus the shanks into the woods).

With that said, outside of something crazy special happening, I don't think I'll go again. It's just a LOT of work and a LOT of money ($4 beers, $4 hotdogs) for as little as you get to see. A PGA tour event is another story though...I'd still like to see one of those.

OK, I REALLY gotta Go.
God Bless,
K~
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?