Thursday, June 24, 2004

Death to Midnights!!!!

(For a couple more weeks anyway).

Well here I stand on the cusp of being done with this string of midnight shifts...three hours to go in this, my last shift. Oh happy day!

It's been pretty busy the last couple days...got a little wiggle room now. Of course, ones overall attitude on the 7th of 7 midnight shifts tends to be slightly below the attentive level, thus my taking a minute to post to the blog.

Haven't decided if I'm going to muscle it out and just stay awake the rest of the day, or attempt a nap. I don't have Bethany today since Deb is leaving for work early this morning (before I get home) and she usually goes next door for at least a couple hours during the afternoon of my last mid (so I can get a little nap). There's a million things to do of course, but is there enough to keep me going all day long. I need to mow, clean the garage, get my truck up to Indian River to the spring place. I wouldn't mind a round of Golf and a bike ride either. I guess I'll play it by ear.

Should be a fun but busy weekend. Some friends are coming over for cards on Friday night, and sometime between Saturday and Sunday, we need to go on a date (Deb and I) and I'm going to try to go fishing with my friend Rich. Monday and Tuesday, I am going to my first professional golf outing. The "Treetops Par 3 Shootout". This year, it's Mickelson, Travino, Zellor and Couples and should be just an awesome good time.

Monday or Tuesday, Deb and Bethany will be leaving to go back down to Kentucky for an extended visit, so I'll be bacheloring it again. We don't have on single drop of rain in the forecast for Gaylord for the next 7 days!!! Although that doesn't necessarily mean anything, I dare say I'm going to be in for a round or 5. Sure, this all sounds fun...but I would honestly rather have my girls with me. It's pathetic, but I'm a sap...I love my girls and can't stand to be away from them. I think that's why I keep so busy when their gone...oppress the loneliness!

At any rate...I better cruise. Got to get a lot done if I want to get out of here on time.

God Bless,
K~
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?